V. FRANK ASARO:
LEGAL EXPERIENCE , AREAS OF PRACTICE
(Real Estate, Business, and Corporations; transactions as well as litigation)
- Outside transactional and litigation
legal counsel to $3-billion-dollar-multi-national, public
corporation real estate construction company (7 years).
- Transactions and litigation counsel for $400 million NYSE
public multi-location corporate builder real estate development
company (8 years).
- For a hotel chain corporation, providing all legal services
for acquisition of sites, zoning and permits, construction
and take-out financing, secured transactions, construction
legal issues, contracts and liens and all operations, sale
of projects, labor issues, title insurance and all aspects
of real estate/development/finance law.
- Counsel responsible for forming, financing and assisting
in the successful NASDAQ public offering of a multi-location
high technology company.
- Other private practice experience ranges from
setting up companies, partnerships and LLC's, litigating hundreds
of real estate cases, supervising proxy fights, annual shareholder's
meetings and disputes, wrongful termination and other employment
and union issues, innumerable contract and lease preparations,
negotiations, international and national licensing, patents and
patent claims and litigation, SEC regulations and disputes, underwriter
issues, product liability, construction defect issues, labor and
OSHA regulations, ships, ship sinking, shipyards, landslides,
residential development, shopping centers, hotels, manufacturers,
banking, savings and loans, title insurance companies and environmental
cleanup litigation and a myriad of other categories with emphasis
in real estate.
- Mediator, Arbitrator and Legal Consultant
DEVELOPMENT, CONSTRUCTION, and
CORPORATE MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
- Developed from acquisition, rezoning through financing and construction;
directed sell-off of $15 million 72-townhouse project. Co-operated
multi-faceted hotels, condominiums, apartments, shopping centers
100 million-dollar company during three-year successful Chapter
- Lawyer - Clerk to Justice Coughlin, California District Court
of Appeal (1 year): (significant contribution to the landmark
Greenman v Yuba Power strict liability opinion.)
- Eight years partner with the major real estate and corporate
law firm of Jenkins & Perry (since merged with other firms).
- Ten years partner in the law firm of Gant and Asaro.
- Senior partner/attorney of the Law Office of Asaro, Gattis and
Sullivan; Asaro and Long, and V. Frank Asaro and Associates (aggregate
FEE SCHEDULE (2010)
- $330 per hour, adjustable depending on issues, case and circumstances.
BA San Diego State; Loyola Law; J.D., LLB, Southwestern;
Top scores, reasoning sec. LSAT and Astronomy final; Mediation School Certificate
AUTHOR, RECOGNITION and PAST PUBLIC SERVICE
- In recognition: Highest attorney peer rating, A.v. by Martindale-Hubbell;
Served as Judge Pro Tem San Diego Superior Court; various arbitration
and mediation panels; Chair, Harborview Redevelopment Committee;
San Diego Center City Planning Committee; County SANPAT (Airport
Studies) Committees; Dicta Bar Journal Columnist; Member California
State Bar, served as State Bar delegate; Director, Barrister's
Club of San Diego, San Diego County Bar. Represented or represent,
among others, The Lomas Santa Fe Group, Wimpay Inc., National
Pacific, First American Title Co., Union Bank. Recipient of Mayor's
public service citations; Who's Who in American Jurisprudence;
Who's Who in the World (2000). Past President of Rotary Club of
Torrey Pines - La Jolla composer-jazz musician, philosophy,
civic associations, science & technology and economics. Authored non-fiction work Universal Co-opetition (2011) (Amazon Books.com) and The Tortoise Shell Code (2012) a novel (Amazon Books.com).